Transform the future with Syniverse. Lead the innovation and execution of the platform engineering strategy for the world’s most connected company! Syniverse is modernizing infrastructure across the product portfolio. As part of this transformation, we are looking for an individual to lead the design and deployment of our Container based Kubernetes platform. This individual will be part of a team driving technology forward in support of the largest communications companies in the world. As a leader in this space you’ll have high visibility across the technology organization.
Do you understand what it takes to build highly available, scalable, and resilient platforms? Then this job might be right for your next career step.
- Design and implement automated solutions for infrastructure/platform
- Optimize use of both on-prem data center and Cloud resources to create a hybrid cloud environment
- Manage and automate multiple platforms with a focus on Containers and Kubernetes eco-system as well as Kafka and Hadoop
- Mentor other team members on Kubernetes, Containers, and Public Cloud technology
- Monitoring and diagnostics: guide development teams on instrumenting applications
- Integrate metrics within the company monitoring platform (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Build tools to measure application performance and availability against defined SLAs
- Collaborate with internal teams to regularly assess performance of applications, identifying areas of improvement.
- Act as an escalation point for Operations and Development teams
- Assess application architecture tradeoffs based on availability, costs, and Service level objectives
This is a fully remote position for US candidates located in EST, Central or Mountain time zones.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of programming in Java, C/C++, or Python
- Advanced experience managing Kubernetes environments and deploying products on the Container infrastructure
- Advanced experience in systems design, deployment, operations, monitoring and maintainability across both on-prem and cloud environments.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Data Ingest tools, KSQL and KStreams, API Gateway, UI Frameworks, and PostgresDB.
- Experience architecting platforms on Cloud and Container infrastructure
- Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes eco-system (Helm, Istio, Sops)
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Applied knowledge of Distributed system design including scalability, HA, failover, and architecture tradeoffs
- Automation experience using Ansible or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience with API Gateways and REST Services
- Hands-on experience working with Confluent
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop including Impala, Kudu, and HDFS.
- Application of Statistics and Data analysis to Operational metrics
- Streamsets Data collector
- DB tuning with a focus on Analytic DBs