Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Our cross-functional team structure allows developers to work with a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.
- Participating in the definition of technical strategy for Taxfix, alongside our Chief Architect and CTO.
- Drive the decision-making process for technology decisions, working with key business stakeholders and product teams.
- Coordinate and execute cross-team technical initiatives.
- Manage backlog of technical risks, opportunities and initiatives for your technical domain.
- Mentor and coach colleagues in your technical domains in software architecture.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings through our internal RFC process.
- Evaluate and collaborate on technical proposals from across engineering.
- When necessary, jump in hands-on to unblock key technical projects, and for proofs of concept.
- An extensive background in software development, with 3+ years experience as a Software Architect or Lead Software Architect.
- Previous experience with Web and Mobile product development.
- Solid understanding of Microservices and DevOps practices.
- Exceptional communication skills teamed with the confidence and presence to work with any business specialization.
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills with a critical eye for details.
- A diversity champion
Nice to haves
- Experience with functional programming languages (Elixir / Erlang, Scala or Haskell).
- Previous experience with Auth0.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions and yoga.
- A monthly allowance to spend on an extensive range of services that you can use and rollover as flexibly as you like.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.