The role is open in Toronto location as well
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your technical experience to drive our Engineering team using industry best practices in a world-class company? We are hiring 100+ Software Engineers including Software Development Managers with various experience levels for our Shared Service Center in Mexico City. We are expanding our global Shared Service Centers footprint by establishing a new Shared Service Center in Mexico City to serve the Americas (North America and LatAm) with roles representing product, technology, sales operations, inside sales, customer service and finance. This new Shared Service Center will build on the existing established Centers in Asia (India and The Philippines), Europe (Poland) and Americas (Costa Rica).
As a Software Development Manager at Thomson Reuters, you will be responsible for continually looking to optimize systems and services for security, automation, performance and availability, while ensuring solutions developed, adhere and align to architectural standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that technology systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values. You’ll be able to deliver innovative solutions that impact our customers business every day and partner with teammates globally to develop innovative solutions for the best products in the market. We are committed to the growth of our Engineering teams and want people who are just as excited by this as we are by joining us as a Software Development Manager!
About the Role
In these opportunities as a Software Development Manager you will:
· Develop and Deliver: Apply modern Engineering practices; you will be involved in the entire development, operational support, monitoring, automation, building, testing and delivering high-quality solutions for the Engineering team
· Be a Team Player: Working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, you will share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross-functional and remote teams
· Have an Agile Mindset: With a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will deliver solutions against strict timelines
· Be Innovative: You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. You will contribute innovative ideas, create solutions, and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries
· Be an Effective Communicator: Through active engagement and communication with cross-functional partners and team members, you will effectively articulate ideas and collaborate on technical developments
You’re a fit our Software Development Manager role if you have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of technology development-related experience and strong knowledge of the software development life cycle.
· The ideal candidate has hands-on experience and fully competent with:
· .Net/C#, ASP.Net or Java
· API development
· Containerization (eg Docker, Kubernetes)
· The following skills are also desirable:
· Experience working with relational databases and/or NoSQL databases.
· We prefer candidates to have strong written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English