The role is open in multiple locations like Toronto, Eagan and Dallas with multiple headcounts
As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business—and your career.
If you are looking to be in the driver seat of one of the largest product transformation exercises for a multibillion-dollar global brand, this is your opportunity to do so. The enterprise product analytics team is a multi-functional data, insights, and growth team inside the product organization of Thomson Reuters, focusing exclusively on data-driven decision making.
The Product Insight Lead will be responsible for end-to-end product analytics for the named product(s). The analyst will be owning the implementation of product analytics trackers such as (not limited to) Pendo, building reports/dashboards, and using them to produce feature/usage insights to drive routine product management. This will be a product-focused role requiring thorough understanding and ownership of the assigned products, their roadmap, and skills to draw business, customer, and product insights from data.
About the Role
As a Sr. Analyst- Product Insights, you will:
- Thought Leadership: Act as analysis/insights thought leader for the assigned product team(s) leading important analyses like customer journey mapping, in-product flow analysis, cohort analysis, and audience profiling
- Drive Data-Driven Culture: Co-own product feature wishlist(s) and roadmap with product managers, nurturing strong data-driven product management and decision making; continuously draw insights to drive (or challenge) product management backlog;
- Improve Product: Use product analytics/data to recognize patterns and trends to understand user behavior and identify improvement opportunities
- Implementation: Partner with product managers to establish measurement plan and then work with developers/platform architects to deploy relevant product analytics solutions (like Pendo) and ensure right metrics, journeys, and events are captured in-product
- Lead BI/Reporting: Partner with BI teams to build dashboards and reports, including long-term trends, baselines and/or page performance, feature usage, and customer segments
You’re a fit for the role of a Sr. Analyst- Product Insights if you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on product analytics experience with exposure to agile/scrum process, product backlog grooming, etc.
- 1+ years of hands-on in-product analytics experience with one of these tools- Pendo, Amplitude, or Adobe Analytics (Pendo preferred)
- Experience analyzing in-product data including analyses such as customer journey mapping, audience profiling/segmentation, cohort/mix analysis
- Experience with one of these tools- SQL (traditional or PL), Hive/Hue, Python or SAS
- Experience in going beyond reports/data- driving product management using insights and hypothesis testing
- 5+ years of hands-on product analytics experience with exposure to agile/scrum process, product backlog grooming, etc.,
- Prior track-record driving significant business impact, influencing specific OKRs/metrics
- At least 3 years of hands-on in-product analytics experience with one of these tools- Pendo, Amplitude, or Adobe Analytics (Pendo preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing in-product data including analyses such as customer journey mapping, audience profiling/segmentation, cohort/mix analysis
- At least 3 years of hands-on data mining experience with one of these tools- SQL (traditional or PL), Hive/Hue, Python, or SAS
- At least 3 years of experience of going beyond reports/data- driving product management using insights and hypothesis testing
- Understanding of various concepts such as agile/scrum, A/B or multivariate testing, tag management, journey mapping, and segmentation
- Tax or Legal subscription products experience preferred