About the Teams
Listed below are details about the teams we are currently hiring for. In your first call with the recruiter, expect to discuss your background as well as specific teams you're interested in.
AdTech We build tools for marketers to spend a substantial amount of marketing dollars more efficiently. For our engineers, this means building internal tools such as the Universal Campaign Management Platform and automating flows to optimize marketing processes and marketing spend. 2+ Years Experience with Java required, and 2+ years AdTech experience preferred.
Wallet Experience Wallet is the home for payments - helping users pay, and get paid. We are building a reliable, compliant and intuitive payments onboarding experience to ensure we manage all your payments efficiently. _Experience with payments is preferred.
_Collections and Cashouts The Collections and Cashouts team is responsible for three core experiences related to how users pay amounts owed to Uber and how users cash out earnings they made on the platform. These experiences are used globally by riders, eaters (called spenders), drivers and couriers (called earners) and are available to all lines of businesses across Uber.
The team is multidisciplinary, with members on backend, mobile, product, design, data and operations.
Driver, Decision Portal Every month, Uber collects millions of documents from earners, spenders, and organizations to verify their identity, validate they meet external regulations and internal standards. As a software engineer on the Compliance Decision Portal team, you will be driving the architecture, strategy and execution on building a Portal to enable Uber agents globally process millions of documents, reports and other earner artifacts efficiently. Your work helps Earners get on the road faster by reducing friction in the funnel.
What You'll Do:
- Manage scale & reliability. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Take a full-stack approach. Each project is unique and often requires a backend, mobile, and web component. You will be part of a cross-functional team which is developing the overall experience and architecture
- Up the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements that improve the quality of the systems.
- Write clear documentation so that other specialists can partner to contribute and deliver.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- Expertise in Go, Python, Java, or other applicable back end languages.
- Familiar with SOA, architecture, implementation and trade-offs
- Extensive software design and development skills. Ability to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.