About the role
The FinTech - Data Analytics team at Uber is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our tax team in Sofia, Bulgaria and make significant contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber's Tax infrastructure & reporting. In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to play a critical role in implementing/building a wide array of financial systems processing tax and related financial data. You will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Engineering, Compliance, Operations and Data Science on fast moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to execute on key business priorities is a must for this role. Your performance is measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
What you will do
- Work with tax operations, product, compliance, engineering, ops, accounting and other business stakeholders in mining and analyzing tax financial and entity-level data to extract key trends and insights.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in tax data, generate reports for external data sharing.
- Build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers. Be a trusted advisor to Product Management and business leadership.
- Build models to automate detection of anomalies/inconsistencies in tax data and resolve the same;
- Understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, and facilitate business decisions.
- Explore FinTech systems/data to proactively identify and initiate process improvements for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.
- Get a deep understanding about the Tax systems and data flows involved; document and train internal personnel to institutionalize the learnings of the data analytics practice.
Visit our Sofia Engineering website here.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about our team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Expertise in SQL (intermediate to advanced)
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Experience with either Python or R
- Experience working on analytics in accounting, finance areas
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Demonstrated aptitude toward data storytelling and root cause Analysis using data
- Ability to build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances
- Ability to understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, as well as the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.