Session: Is Our New Way of Working Helping or Hurting Women?
This talk will focus on the impact work from home has had on women's health, productivity, opportunity for advancement and more. I'll touch on the vulnerabilities of women vs. men; home office safety and ergonomics as it applies to women working from home.
- After attending this workshop, women will identify a number of health, safety and productivity stressors from working at home and in the office.
- Participants will leave with an action plan to focus on time management, productivity, workstation set up, self-care, and safe work practices and habits at home and in the office.
- Answer gender-related questions about work-related risks for women including pregnancy.
- Discuss the “failure to fit” trend and its impact on women at work.
- Provide practical and cost effective strategies to mitigate risk factors for women in the workplace
Alison Heller-Ono, President and CEO of Worksite International, Inc. is passionate about how people work! As an entrepreneur, pioneer, and bold thought leader in the ergonomics marketplace, Alison helps small to mid-size public and private multi-national and global employers keep employees healthy so they can work to their maximum potential. Alison is a trusted advisor and consultant to clients who desire a safe, comfortable, and productive workforce. She is also a coach and mentor to professionals desiring to learn about occupational ergonomics.