Session: A Computer Science Degree doesn't mean you have to be a Programmer
Learn how four women at Calix with Computer Science & Engineering degrees have found stimulating careers in different functional paths
- What different career path options look like
- Computer Science & Engineering Degree next steps
- Product development, management and advancement
- How to handle fast growth at a company
- How to stack your team so you get the most out of each day
Jena Baker is the Assoc. Vice President of Engineering Operations at Calix. The Engineering Operations team is currently focused on proactively identifying and conquering challenges the Calix’s Products team is facing as a result of rapid growth including smooth, rapid scaling and transformation the R&D processes while maintaining the high-quality products their customers expect. Throughout her 17 years at Calix, Jena has served in other roles including building a Program Management organization. Jena is also the founder and leader of Calix’s Agile Innovation Methodology (AIM) which is the driving force behind their many product innovations. She has a BS in Electrical Engineering from Iowa State University.