Session: Advancing Medical Research with Natural Language Processing
AI has often been used to optimize business processes or automate household activities. Looking forward, the AI industry is seeing a growing interest in using AI for good, to tackle global issues and make the world a better place. Join Jennifer Glenski, a recognized leader in AI, in exploring an exciting real-world application of AI in medical research, with a look to the future. The speaker will share her own experiences and lessons learned from leading an AI project applying Natural Language Processing (NLP) to help advance medical research at the national level.
- Introduction to using AI as a tool for good in the medical field. (5 min)
- Exploring a real-life use case of applying natural language processing to analyze medical research portfolios. (5 min)
- Lessons learned from leading an AI project applying NLP to advance medical research. (5 min)
- Q&A (5 min)
- An understanding of a use case of applying AI/NLP in medical research.
- Lessons learned from the speaker's own professional experience in leading an AI/NLP project in medical research.
- Inspiration for future AI/ML projects in the medical field.
Jennifer Glenski is a recognized leader in technology, recently honored with AFCEA's 2022 40 Under 40 Award and the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2021 NextGen Leader award. She leads IntelliDyne’s AI and Machine Learning Practice, managing a portfolio of programs ranging from developing NLP tools for advancing medical research, to building intelligent assistants for networks and data centers. Jennifer is also part-time faculty at Georgia Tech, where she earned her Master of Science in Analytics and now enjoys preparing future data scientists. When she's not at the computer, you can find her mentoring volunteers on how to care for orphaned kittens at the regional animal shelter.