Session: Help, I'm the only Woman on my Team
“Tools to Succeed as an Outspoken Woman in Tech"
Are you also a woman in tech? Do you like developing and exploring products? Do you also work in environments where role models and heroes are typically male?
I myself have been criticized for appearing "too dominant" during meetings and for having too many ideas and proposals for improvements. I also didn't always get promotions or positions I wanted. Even if I was gratulated on my "woman power" and know-how there was often "a reason" why a male candidate was chosen.
All these issues bothered me for some time until I realized I need to work on understanding and solving them step by step.
In this talk I will share with you:
* What I learned while researching on different explanations for those situations, including the unconscious gender bias that might favor men.
* What I learned about myself and my behavior and how to adapt it
* What kind of mentoring sessions I’ve gone through and how they opened my eyes and changed my mindset
Through attending this session you will benefit from these lessons learned:
1. How not to avoid conflicts but rather ease and solve them with your grace and empathy
2. How to negotiate your worth
3. How to effectively grow and use your network for your goals
Maja Schreiner is an IT professional with a proven track record in software development, software testing, QA, agile leadership, and product development and management.
Her expertise lies in building high-quality products that solve real customer problems.
She is an international speaker, speaking on various topics around Agile Leadership, Collaboration, QA and Testing, at events like DevOps London, European Women in Tech, Agile Testing Days USA.