Session: Intelligent Leadership: Adapting to An Exponentially Changing Business World
"Cleverness pursues its own little aims. Intelligence sees the larger whole in which all things are connected. Cleverness is motivated by self-interest, and it is extremely short sighted. Most politicians and businesspeople are clever. Very few are intelligent. Whatever is attained through cleverness is short lived and always turns out to be eventually self-defeating. Cleverness divides; intelligence includes." Quote from A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.
So how do we create 'intelligent' leaders? I explore this.
1. Brief description of the Old Perceptions of Leadership, and why perhaps, it doesn't work so well anymore
2. Suggesting an alternative to the status quo - the new paradigm and what that could look like, and how it is the opposite of many leaders we see today - it involves inclusion, collaboration, innovation, Emotional intelligence, and an inclusive definition of leadership.
3. Why everyone within an organisation needs to see themselves as a leader and visionary, in order to develop a culture that supports innovation, and future intelligence
4. The ONE biggest problem preventing the creation of a culture of leaders - it's about how people experience and perceive leadership and how they see themselves in relation to that
5. The solution - seeing leadership in a different light: creating your own unique identity and place, as well as modelling behaviours, and how leaders of companies can support that process of 'intelligence'
Invitation: who are you as a leader?
This recording is not available yet.
Bio: Sara Sabin
Sara Sabin is a qualified accountant, former start-up founder, and leadership coach, as well as a regular contributor for Entrepreneur Magazine and the Fast Company. She is on a mission to change how we perceive leadership, and believes that anyone, if encouraged, has leadership potential. Sara partners with innovative companies and entrepreneurs, to coach leaders, and their teams, to become more emotionally smart, focused and higher performing, and to approach business challenges in a more creative way, so that they are more effective, impactful and satisfied at work.