If you're a woman in tech, then you know that it can be difficult to reach the top. There are so many obstacles on your way - from gender bias to lack of mentors. But even though the journey is tough, it's not impossible. In her book "Unapologetically Ambitious", Shellye Archambeau provides advice and strategies for reaching our professional goals. She talks about the importance of self-determination and support, and offers tips for integrating them in our personal and professional lives. This book is a must-read for any woman looking to succeed in tech!
The following are key ideas from the book that resonated with us here at WomenTech Network:
- Imposter syndrome can be a real problem, but don't let it stop you from doing great things.
- Without a clear destination, you'll never reach your true potential. Define what success looks like for you and create a roadmap to get there.
- Just as you make a plan to achieve your goals, put that same level of thought into finding the life partner you want.
- It's important to recognize when you're taking on too much. Not only does delegating free up time for other activities, but it also allows people the opportunity to progress in their careers. Additionally, it is crucial to find harmony by integrating different aspects of your life. Work-life integration will enable you to prioritize different things at different times.
- Make your career goals known, and if you encounter any roadblocks, find a way to overcome them.
- By remaining flexible and being willing to take a few risks, you can open yourself up to more opportunities.
"Unapologetically Ambitious" by Shellye Archambeau is indeed a must-read for women in tech. It doesn't matter if you're just starting out or if you're already at the top of your game - this book will inspire and motivate you to achieve even more. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and add it to your reading list!
We hope that this book review inspires you to create your success! If you wish to empower women in tech, join as a member here.