Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Outdated technology makes markets difficult and expensive to access. We're fixing that.
We started with prime brokerage, in an industry that has struggled to see any real innovation in decades. Our cloud-native, prime brokerage platform has redefined what it means to work with a prime broker - improving access, speed, and service to our clients.
We want to continue that change across all capital markets. Today, we offer institutions, professional traders, and brokers everything they need to trade U.S. equities and options. In the future, our platform will give all types of investors access to every major product in every major market.
As an experienced Software Engineer focusing on our Risk platform, you will work closely with risk managers and engineers to build our suite of real-time risk services. You will tackle non trivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance trade offs, and implement clean efficient code. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Java & Golang (Go), but you may have experience in other strongly typed languages).
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Risk & Portfolio Analytics Team Stack: Java, Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We are considering Mid and Senior Level candidates for this role. The Mid Level Base Salary Range is $140,000 - $190,000. The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. These ranges are representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. These ranges represent Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.