STR is seeking a Cyber Principal Investigator(PI) to develop cutting-edge cyber technologies with significant and immediate impact on our national security. We believe that each candidate has a unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives that could enable us to provide our customers with innovative solutions, so the skills listed below are intended to give you a sense for the position. If you see an overlap with your skills, go ahead and apply! All applicants must be US citizens who are willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
The PI will be lead a diverse team to create innovative cyber solutions and characterize their performance via statistical analysis. They will also be responsible for technical marketing and proposal writing. The PI should have experience in any of the following cyber domains: cyber-related algorithm design, cyber-related software engineering, reverse engineering, vulnerability research, exploit development, implants, payloads and cyber effects. Familiarity with constraint-based search and optimization, autonomy and planning, machine learning, networking, or agent-based software design would be viewed favorably.
Duties may include:
- Technical marketing to existing and potential customers
- Technical proposal development (idea generation, writing, reviewing, editing)
- Creating innovative solutions to challenging cyber problems
- Leading teams to design, develop, implement, test and analyze cyber solutions to national security problems
- Serving as primary technical point of contact to customers, co-contractors, and subcontractors
Who you are:
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Entrepreneurial spirit eager to engage in technical marketing and business development
- Proven track record in writing and winning technical proposals
- PhD or MS with 5+ years of relevant experience (or BS with 10+ years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Cybersecurity or related field
- Substantial experience leading technical teams on advanced R&D programs (e.g., DARPA, AFRL, ONR, ARL research projects)
- Experience developing mathematical and physics-based algorithms for constraint-based search and optimization, autonomy and planning, machine learning, networking, or agent-based software design
- Motivated collaborator and effective communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as C/C++, Python, and/or MATLAB
- Active Security Clearance at the TS level
- Familiarity with compilers and/or programming language design
- Knowledge of binary file structures and formats
- Knowledge of assembly languages (e.g., x86, ARM)
- Knowledge of operating system internals (e.g., scheduling, data structures)
- Experience with both offensive and defensive cyber tools
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.