Exscientia is seeking a Full-stack Software Engineer to join our multi disciplinary teams working in an agile environment. Exscientia is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our biology group. The Full-stack Software Engineer is crucial for our continuous growth.
As the Full-stack Engineer you will have exposure to the full SDLC developing innovative features across greenfield and established projects. You will be working on our industry leading AI drug design platform Centaur Chemist TM by applying forefront web technologies such as ReactJS, MaterialUI, Apollo on the front-end, plus Python-based micro-service back-end using GraphQL API and PostgresSQL. On DevOps side, you will be working on a full CICD environment which include tech stacks such as AWS (EC2, ECR, SQS, VPC and etc.), Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins. We rely and encourage our team to be leaders in their field and to bring new ideas to ensure we are continuing to developing high quality solutions. This role can be based in our modern offices in Oxford where you can reap the benefits of our endless supply of office snacks or you can be based remotely.
Reasons for joining us
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time.
- A kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees
What will you bring to the role?
- 2+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask or Django.
- Proven ability with front-end frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
- Promote engineering best practises such as planning epics, automated functional testing and rapid release cycles.
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
What would be great to have but not essential
- Knowledge or interest in Machine Learning and AI.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or Travis.
- Experience with GraphQL API
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.