MONEY TEAM @HEETCH
The Money Team works behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payments transactions.
We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of euros across thousands of daily rides, and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
• Numbers, numbers everywhere
• We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience
• We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money
• Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them
• 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production 🚢
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
• As we're completing the migration from our legacy system (Ruby) to a service oriented one, you'll have the chance to reevaluate business opportunities to add into the new platform (How about Apple Pay?).
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide actionable feedback to your colleagues.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Experience with payment processing/accounting systems
• You have a Backend Engineer background
• Capable of developing a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
• Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical
• Experience working within a fast-paced product company
• Experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems / SOA
• You've got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
• You're eager to improve on and push boundaries, just like we are! 🚀
• You show track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
• You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone, nor experimenting.
+ If you've worked with Ruby and Kafka in production, it's a plus :)
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to roles in Tech, which is why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of the job specifications!