Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
HP develops high-performance Workstations running Windows and Linux. Through a combination of industry leverage, strategic partnerships and unique customer value-add, HP is the world leader in the Workstation business. Come join us in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado!
As a firmware engineer in HP Z Workstations, you will design, develop, debug, and maintain UEFI system firmware (BIOS) to provide innovative firmware solutions to our customers. You will work in an exciting, high profile, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment. You will work with the latest unreleased hardware and software technologies and will have excellent opportunities to gain a wide breadth of experience. You will solve our customers’ most challenging problems.
You must have a passion for firmware development with solid background in hardware. You must have excellent troubleshooting skills and a strong drive to reach root cause on difficult technical issues. You need to be team-oriented, be innovative, possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, be quality-conscious, and have excellent communication and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- 2 or more years of professional experience in firmware development
- Strong C programming skills.
- Experience with UEFI/BIOS, microcontrollers, embedded systems or other low-level code.
- Experience with in-target probes, debuggers, protocol analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, firmware and software architecture.
- Knowledge of PC industry standards.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, solid code that can be maintained by others.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Strong debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and get things done.
- Passion about quality and putting customers first.