The Senior Lead – DevOps Transformation is a DevOps champion who creates and guides corporate-wide initiatives that constantly improve the automation and the synergy across Development, Security, QA and Operations pipelines with the aim of streamlining and improving software delivery. This individual has a solid knowledge of modern DevOps principles, technologies and processes and is influential in the design, implementation and key performance indicators that are critical in achieving the benefits of DevOps. This is a senior position that is responsible for defining the roadmaps, programs and opportunities that constantly provide improvement through Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) capabilities
What will you be responsible for? (apart from innovating)
- Defining and evolving the practices, methods and technology that combine software development, QA, Security and IT operations in order to provide continuous delivery and ensure high software quality and security compliance.
- Refining metrics and KPIs with the goal of demonstrating increased speed of delivery, improved release quality, identified cost efficiencies, and a decrease in operational failures.
- Leading a DevOps community of practice to embed the principles and practices of DevOps and constantly move the organization to a culture of automation first.
- Working with the Innovapost Talent and Transformation group on identifying skills gaps, training programs and hiring initiatives that increase our DevOps capability.
- Mentoring and advising others on how to develop strong DevOps automation skills and deep knowledge of both data center and cloud automation.
- Championing the value of DevOps by building strong relationships with colleagues both within IT and within the Business.
- 10+ years experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering, Operations Automation and Reliability Engineering
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a DevOps Engineering role.
- Minimum of 5+ years leading a DevOps team.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a senior/influencing role working across an IT organization.
- Hands on experience with Orchestration Tools, Public Cloud, Infrastructure as Code, Containers, Kubernetes, Microservices, Code Scanning Tools, Logging and Monitoring, Scripting, etc.
- Experience developing DevOps pipelines both on premise as well as in the Public Cloud using Azure, AWS and/or GCP.
- Solid understanding of solution architectures, patterns, application architectures, security and operations
- Well versed in a variety of programming languages and runtimes
- Exceptional skills in coaching, influencing and driving cross-functional teams, and delivering solutions in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical and strategic thinking, time management, priority planning and interpersonal skills.
Additional skills that set you apart:
- Proven success working in a distributed team-oriented environment
- Experience deploying solutions into a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Relevant certifications in Kubernetes and public cloud platforms – AWS, Azure or GCP