Specific Job Content: The Data Owner, as part of the Enterprise Data Governance office, will focus on establishing and nurturing adherence to enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices. The Data Owner is the functional leader of the community of individuals, who manage customer data on a global scale, and the facilitator of application of customer data standards across all enterprise systems. The data owner will define and own the strategy for the data quality management across the enterprise on a global scale. The Data Owner will also manage relationships with the governance council and data advisors across the business and direct the work of data stewards and MDM analytics to implement data governance strategies. Ultimately, the data owner is responsible for driving the improvement of data governance metrics within a domain such as completeness, consistency and conformity.
- Define ownership and accountability of data assets within a domain, to ensure they are effectively managed, and maintain integrity throughout our various systems.
- Analyze business strategies and processes to define the data governance strategy as well as the roadmap for implementation of data standards. Gain Alignment on the scope of governance and negotiate agreements where excessive governance is cost prohibitive.
- Align with various teams across the business as well as legal, compliance and IT to ensure all considerations are taken into account for development and implementation of data governance
- Coordinate across the organization in order to maintain consistency of critical enterprise, digital, operational and analytical data. Define, maintain and advise relevant stakeholders as appropriate on data governance related matters
- Develop and present Data Quality scorecards and reports for stakeholders and senior leadership
- Coordinate with Data Stewards and MDM Analysts to determine configuration of data standards and policies as well as drive the analysis of business processes that drive bad data quality
- Lead the implementation of process changes and technology changes required to improve data quality
- Responsible for data quality metrics at a global scale such as completeness, conformity and consistency
- Collaboration / Team Work
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Communication / Influence
- Continuous Learning
- Bachelors degree (Business or Management Information Systems is preferred)
- 10+ years of experience working in Data Management, Digital Commerce technology, Sales Data Analysis or Business Process Design. Experience working in a manufacturing or e-commerce business is a plus.
- Relevant Experience in planning and managing governance programs or transformation programs. Exceptional leadership skills to achieve tangible outcomes in a globally distributed company. Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong data management background with a good understanding of data in business processes, proper data use / consumption, data quality, and stewardship
- Experience working on projects spanning across multiple business units with modern environments, ERP , Big Data and traditional DW environments supporting Data Governance and Master Data Management. Experience working with ERP tools like SAP or Salesforce is a plus.
- The ability to read, write, and speak Mandarin or French is a strong plus.
Since 1873, Kohler Co. has been improving the level of gracious living by providing exceptional products and services for our customers’ homes and their lifestyles. We believe better business and a...Read more