VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
You will be in the Skyline team, which is part of VMware’s Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU). Skyline is one of VMware’s largest SaaS services designed to help customer’s become more proactive and helping them stay out of harms way. Skyline uses large scale data collection, a sophisticated rules engine, and advanced data pipelines to drive towards this goal. You will be part of the Skyline Engineering/Architecture team responsible for scaling the data ingest pipelines and rules engine for exponential growth.
Do you love developing and working on highly scalable SaaS services? Do you like positively impacting the lives of millions of individuals? Want to join a strategically important two pizza sized development team leading the vanguard of dramatically altering how customers engage with VMware? Come join the fastest growing SaaS team at VMware, the Skyline team.
- Work as an integrated member of the architecture engineering team to incorporate effective, cost effective and scalable automation and development into greenfield engineering efforts.
- Help build out systems to ingest petabytes of information per day for real-time analytics
- Help build-out micro-services in a Kubernetes environment as a primary responsibility
- Participate in a fast release DevOps environment, no science fair projects here, it’s all real and pushed daily.
- Have fun doing it. We hang off the side car going around the track.
- A deep understanding of distributed systems as it relates to customer facing applications in the cloud. Understanding of microservice architectures and REST services.
- Java EE development experience with k8s.
- Understanding of CI/CD methodologies and how they work.
- Experience in orchestration platforms (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab Runners).
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- You want me to do what? And then doing it.
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure and services such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with ML or a strong desire to engage in ML development