Private equity funds have long been one of the most attractive investment opportunities, outperforming public market benchmarks, like the S&P 500. But these funds have also been difficult or impossible to access, especially for individuals. Onerous paperwork, high investment minimums (~€10m) and difficulty picking a fund have all been hurdles that kept individuals out. Access has always been dominated by institutions or a select few. Enter Moonfare.
Moonfare is revolutionising access to private equity using a fully digital platform that provides qualified investors access to selectively vetted top-performing funds within 15 minutes and at minimums as low as €50,000. Moonfare provides investors with innovative reporting and the potential to trade their stakes in funds using our Secondary Market. We are introducing never before seen transparency and liquidity to private equity, and with our ongoing expansion across key markets in Europe and Asia, we are enabling investors around the world to reach further.
The Moonfare team brings together individuals with a wealth of different backgrounds, from leading investment and private banks and private equity fund managers to disruptive tech startups, leading newspapers and top law firms. Moonfarians strive to keep growing and want to challenge the status quo while working as a team to deliver innovative solutions and the Moonfare vision.
Senior Full Stack Developer (Remote work available from Germany, Spain or Portugal)
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Moonfare, you will engineer the systems that help us democratise private equity investing for the globe. With a strong focus on automating business processes and on digitalising all interactions with our users, you are someone who understands complex processes and data structures and someone who enjoys taking full ownership of what you deliver. You will build state-of-the-art applications and work in focused, dedicated agile teams, building the future of Moonfare and in turn the private equity world. You will take technical ownership of cutting edge applications and will be an approachable figure to engineers with less experience. You will proactively sort out problems and provide clear communication channels between teams.
- Take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability and add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and technology.
- Use your world-class development techniques to deliver a high-performance, stable and auto-scalable production system that delivers business value in weeks, not quarters or years.
The next Moonfarian:
- Fluency in component-based frontend technologies and experience with React (or equivalent); Typescript and Redux experience is a plus.
- The ability to utilize a server-side language to create RESTful APIs. Ideally, with NodeJS (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with Single-Page Applications. Ideally, you have developed internal systems or Web Applications for complex business domains.
- Experience in the design, development, deployment, maintenance and improvement of our software solutions with a DevOps mindset.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead team meetings and find creative solutions to complex problems.
- You enjoy driving continuous improvement and innovation.
Meet some of our Engineering Leaders!
Invest in yourself:
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas, make decisions and have impact. Participate in our equity program and share in our success.
- Transparency: Everyone at Moonfare is regularly updated on strategic progress, KPI tracking, product updates and changes.
- Growth: Not only will you grow in your role, you also have access to an individual growth budget of €1,500 or 2% of base salary (whichever is higher).
- Flexibility: Work on your terms, by leveraging our hybrid-office arrangement. No minimums or maximums.
- Diversity: Our Diversity Committee ensures we hold ourselves accountable and continuously improve our D&I initiatives.
We understand the important role that diversity plays in our success. Different backgrounds, experiences and ideas push us further and raise the bar. We’re committed to developing an inclusive and safe culture where everyone — regardless of colour, race, religion, sex, origin, sexuality, disability, marital status, citizenship or gender identity — knows that they are an integral part of the team and can bring their full potential to their work.