At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who flourish solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for an experienced architect to design the Operational Support System (OSS) integration layer and hybrid deployment across multiple regions. The OSS abstracts provisioning, configuration, and management of compute and network infrastructure for InterConnection and NFV products. This role will work with Product & Platform Engineering, Product Management, and NetOps to completely design the OSS architecture. This role will work with Product Engineering, DevOps, Cloud Architect & SecOps to define hybrid deployment architecture across multiple regions globally.
The successful candidate will have broad software & networking development and leadership experience in a multi global location environment.
- 10+ years of experience in software management leading large global software team
- BS degree in Computer Science or EE engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on cloud engineering and architecture design experience with at least one of the leading public cloud platforms, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc. preferred
- Deep understanding of Networking technology and protocols, including VxLAN, NFV, Routing Protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, EVPN, ISIS, OSPF, etc.), etc.
- You have a passion for programming and have the ability in at least one programming language such as Java, Python, NodeJS, Golang
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Containers, Highly Available Distributed computing, Microservices based architecture, REST
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Cyber-Security and Monitoring tools & technology
- Excellent communication skills & cross-functional organizational ability to influence others
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision
- Must be a strong team player and able to collaborate effectively with an overseas team
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones