Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers? Are you excited about working across a broad spectrum of domains including Cloud Native, DevOps, IoT, Machine Learning, and High Scale Compute?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
The CSE Security Tech Domain team is looking for software engineers with a passion for continued learning and a strong foundation in digital security. We are a cross-functional team that prioritizes security by design over security by review.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. We’re looking for the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader CSE organization, with the Microsoft Product teams and the OSS community
- Working hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, setting examples for good engineering practices and coding along the way
- Continuously improving our ability to deliver quality solutions through evolving our engineering process and technical capabilities
- In CSE, the Principle role is 70% hands-on, with the remaining 30% focused on architecture and design, as well as mentoring and upskilling the team
- 10+ years of experience shipping or running production systems and/or software, including complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- 5+ years of hands-on security experience
- Experience authoring security threat models and quantifying risk in enterprise applications
- Deep understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and writing secure code
- Proven experience providing leadership with organization-wide impact, showing applied technical competence, meaningful and durable cross-organization technical collaboration, or both
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building and securing cloud services
- We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for people who demonstrate mastery of at least one software stack (and preferably more)
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Industry experience in one of the following industries: automotive, energy, travel and transportation, financial services, government, health, manufacturing, media & communications, or retail
- Experience performing compliance and privacy reviews
- Experience conducting offensive security testing, ethical hacking, incident response, or penetration testing
- Active security certification from an industry-recognized source, e.g., CEH, CISSP, CISA
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%