As a Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will build and maintain post-sales relationships with up to 4 of VMware's largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically large accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their data-centers. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure successful implementations, ensuring that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will act as their single point of contact into all of VMware. TAMs consult closely with customers to ensure their happiness and Return On Investment with the VMware platform. TAMs are also the customers' virtualization guide and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues.
In addition, TAMs actively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology and inspire change.
This is a high profile position working in a collaborative, fast-growing and flexible working environment.
- You will provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
- Management of cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, and support staff
- You design and develop creative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive multiple requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "methodology" and informal customer questions
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services consultant
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Deep understanding of strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- Fluent in French and English