CQuest is a brand new Berlin-based StartUp that tackles climate change through data-driven carbon sequestration (or as we like to spell it CQuestration). Our goal is to prevent global temperatures from rising by more than 1.5°C. To reach this we want to maximize the impact of nature-based climate solutions like soil organic carbon sequestration for negative GHG emissions. We contribute by leveraging satellite data, machine learning and cloud computing to derive how much CO2 can be sequestered in soils around the world. Such actionable insights allow projects for soil organic carbon sequestration to *take root* and to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Our small team is looking for an intern to support our tech endeavors in their daily operations. We're looking for someone with CS skills and a collaborative nature. You will be part of a passionate team of co-founders that aim to have a direct positive impact on the world. We value proactivity, authenticity, creativity, and empathy in our company culture.
You can expect to:
- Be part an integral part of our highly motivated team taking on the biggest challenge of our lifetimes
- Profit by loads of learning opportunities in a constantly evolving environment
- Collaborative software development with elements of extreme programming
- Witness a new business being built from the ground up
- Work in a casual environment and the ability to work from home
What you will be working on:
- Help developing our web front-end
- Building data science pipelines
- Setting up cloud computing architecture
Join us if you want to advance climate action in your daily work and are open for new insights and opportunities everyday. Please, send us an email with a short motivational paragraph and your CV to email@example.com by November 20th, 2020.
CQuest is committed to building a workplace culture based on the values of proactivity, authenticity, creativity, and empathy, where equal employment opportunity is guaranteed to all applicants and team members. We are excited to build a team that celebrates diversity in all its forms.
Your profile includes:
- Proactive attitude
- Experience with geospatial python, web development and/or cloud computing (gcp/aws/azure) is a plus.
- Currently enrolled student, located in or near Berlin