Email email@example.com if interested in applying.
Who We Are
The Identity Bridging & Signals team’s mission is to enable other teams within Twitter to improve their reach and relevance by bridging together on and off platform data in a privacy compliant way. The team has created a platform that generates Twitter’s Identity Bridging Graph, which through both deterministic and probabilistic methods, identifies the same Twitter user across the web and mobile. The graph is used to power advertiser, audiences and measurement products as well as provide signals & features to downstream machine learning models.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer that can lead the team’s ML efforts not only to enhance the existing platform, but also to identify and lead greenfield opportunities using a customer-centric approach.
What You’ll Do
- Machine Learning -- Apply machine learning and data mining techniques to the Identity Bridging and Signals domain.
- Engineering & Infrastructure -- Apply your expertise in software engineering, distributed systems and data wrangling to simplify the immense complexity and humongous amounts of underlying data and come up with elegant and scalable solutions
- Privacy -- Bake in user privacy requirements from project inception through completion in order to ensure Twitter faithfully respects users’ decisions.
- Collaborating -- Work cross functionally with product management, internal customers, and the greater engineering team to drive projects to measurable success
- Leading & Mentoring -- Play a key role in defining the team’s ML strategy and roadmap, as well as mentor the team to build and maintain high-quality output
Who You Are
- Strong communication skills
- Impact oriented and customer driven
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship experience
- Passionate about using machine learning to solve business problems
- Proven track record of working in data engineering, machine learning and building software systems that are in production & scalable
- [Bonus] Domain knowledge of identity bridging and ads products
- [Bonus] Passionate about building privacy compliant systems
- 5+ years industry experience as an ML Engineer (or similar) with a Bachelors, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or other quantitative discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Backend development experience with a strong interest in work involving data pipelines, distributed systems, and/or large-scale data processing (ideally, in Java/Scala)
- Experience Tech Leading (or equivalent) for 1+ years
- Experience with Hadoop/MR and/or other distributed Big Data processing frameworks in the cloud or otherwise (e.g. Spark, Google DataFlow, etc)
- Experience operating and delivering on Privacy/GDPR efforts
- Strong command of applied machine learning fundamentals
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.