SUSE is seeking a talented technical project manager to join our engineering team. We build open-source software that addresses the operational and security challenges of managing cloud native platforms like Kubernetes, while providing DevOps teams with integrated tools for running containerized workloads. Our flagship product SUSE Rancher has over 100 million downloads to-date and is managing mission critical services at Fortune 500 companies and many other organizations large and small around the world.
- Manage and lead one or more programs involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a product offering.
- Develop and direct schedules, critical deliverables, resource allocation plans, and other support requirements for assigned programs.
- Manage activities of supporting project teams and internal partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to established product roadmaps and schedules.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects across the engineering organization.
- Lead and provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.