SUSE helps customers, partners and communities be the difference in their spheres of influence. Through open collaboration and agile, enterprise-grade open source solutions, customers, partners, and communities are empowered to simplify tasks, modernize environments and accelerate business innovation – ultimately reaping the benefits of measurable value and better futures. Our customer obsessed operating model means exceptional service, value, flexibility, and customer choice, with no enforced lock in.
SUSE’s open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
As the Solution Architect Manager, you will work closely with strategic alliance directors, and solution architects to define and lead the execution of the technology strategy for our strategic alliances.
• Support a team of Sr. Solution Architects as a Player-Coach in driving technical innovation with key SUSE IHV, ISV, and Embedded partnerships.
• Develop and manage the team’s technical skills, professional development in support of SUSE’s core values.
• Support IHV, ISV, and Embedded sales efforts to grow YoY revenue and SUSE and Rancher product portfolios through resell and OEM relationships.
• Champion partner co-innovation with SUSE Product Management and SUSE Engineering for feature request, joint development, and upstream contributions.
• Forward thinking technology strategist, to preemptively address changing industry direction.
• Assist in defining and evolving strategy for SUSE partners, and contribute to annual business planning and budgeting
• Foster creativity and innovation within SUSE’s cross-functional teams, guiding a highly technical team in their delivery and execution against the defined strategy.
• Exhibit a deep understanding of SUSE and Rancher products, platforms, and technologies
• Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management, engineering organization within SUSE.
• Work as part of the broader channel and cloud team to share resources, information, and best practices
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience)
• 8+ years technical experience in enterprise open source software
• 3+ years leading technical sales teams, virtual teams, or project management
• Strong technical background with experience with open source software such as Linux, Kubernetes, and open source application stacks.
• Deep understanding of the technical and business perspective of technical relationships and aligning the necessary resources to accomplish the goals of the business.
• Strong communication, persuasion, and presentation skills
• Experience in a customer or partner facing position such as partner engineering, product management, sales, pre-sales, or consulting
• Ability to travel 50% including international travel
What you need to do now
If you’re interested, click Apply now to upload your up to date CV. A recruiter will contact you if your skills are found to be a match for any current or future open positions.
If you are looking for something else, you can also join our Talent Community and we will keep you up to date with our latest news and career opportunities.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally protected status.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.