Who is SUSE?
SUSE, a global leader in true open source innovation has recently combine with Rancher Labs, the market leader in Kubernetes management. Combining the two organizations provides the market a best-in- class Linux operating system, a market-leading Kubernetes management platform, and a host of pioneering edge capabilities that will give enterprises the power to innovate everywhere!
Who are you ?
You are passionate, innovative, and curious security-focused engineer that wants to rapidly grow with an organization. You want to become an expert in cutting edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Istio. You innovate, secure, and guide others to solve the tough issues in the next generation of cloud-native products. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn about our engineering expectations!
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, QA, Product, and end users to secure and enhance existing products.
- Advocate for best practices across a variety of product suites, including applications and cloud solutions.
- Manually and programmatically scan systems for vulnerabilities and explain potential impacts.
- Triage, solve, implement, and communicate solutions to vulnerabilities and security enhancements.
- Understand and operate various cloud technologies on platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Educate both technical and non-technical co-workers on security topics and their solutions.
- Deep understanding of security fundamentals; especially in the areas of authentication, networking, distributed and web applications, and cryptography.
- Solid understanding of modern cloud-native technologies, and how implementations affect performance and scalability.
- Confident in the use of Linux, shell scripting, Git and other open source development tooling.
- Familiar with or willing to quickly learn the Kubernetes code base and architecture.
- Skilled in the authoring and use of containers, including building new container images.
- Knowledgeable in the Go programming language, including the corresponding ecosystem and best practices.
- Proficient in the English language, both verbally and written.
We continue to be a pioneer in containerization and cloud services. With your expertise we will be able to securely manage and scale work loads across thousands of clusters in any environment. Apply today to learn about our Software Defined Infrastructure, Edge Computing, Container and Cloud Platforms, and AI offerings. We look forward to reviewing your application!
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.