SUSE Manager is SUSE’s best-in-class Linux Operating System management solution designed for enterprise DevOps and IT operations teams. The Outbound Product Manager for SUSE Manager will own the product go to market and business plan including definition of target market, revenue projections, and working with product marketing and sales on enablement and promotion. You will work closely with the Inbound Product Manager for SUSE Manager to support product releases, including identifying use cases, validating requirements, and building business cases. A particular focus will be upon providing the business details for the customer user stories used to drive an agile development process.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build the product business plan including market segment definition and prioritization, sizing estimates and the go to market plans needed to address those markets.
- Define and track relevant metrics to monitor the health of the business and regularly report progress to senior management.
- Track and report on competitive activity in the target segments.
- Work with inbound product management to ensure key requirements are addressed by the product roadmap.
- Coordinate with product marketing to define messaging and product positioning.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and business development to launch products and drive customer adoption.
- Serve as a strong advocate for customers, sales, and channel partners of your products in order to build complete solution and service offerings.
- Work with alliance teams to identify and recruit partners to define and implement solutions for the target markets.
- Work closely with other teams (alliances, sales, and marketing teams) to identify solution and bundling opportunities for your product to drive additional attach of adjacent products.
- Work closely with partners (channel and/or alliance partners) to identify and understand their needs to make sure SUSE is being responsive to their feature requests.
- 5 years of product management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of System Management Software.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, able to handle ambiguity and work independently.
- Strong personal leadership, organizational and project/program management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen.
- Organizational awareness with demonstrated collaboration skills including the ability to work cross functionally and with different levels of management.
- Master of Business Administration degree.
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating System.
- Experience with the open-source market and business model.
- Knowledge of technologies such as container management and cloud computing.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.