Who we are
SUSE is an Open Source pioneer and market leader with a fast paced, exciting environment at the leading edge of Enterprise Linux, Data Center Management and Cloud Solutions.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our SUSE Manager team. SUSE Manager is a lifecycle and configuration management family of solutions that offer bare-metal and run-time provisioning, inventory and patching for Linux servers based on Open Source technologies. See https://www.suse.com/products/suse-manager/
Our engineers work in an Open Source environment contributing to upstream projects like Uyuni, Salt, Prometheus, Grafana and others.
Our product has a large, established and mature codebase. It features a mix of legacy/mature frameworks and cutting-edge technology (such as Java 11, TypeScript, React, Python, Golang and others).
- Foster alignment between the various stakeholders, especially with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and adapting it to reflect priorities
- Work with the team to make sure that priorities are clear and that work items have enough information to be worked on
- Contribute to the creation and revision of vision, roadmap and release plans
- Nurture a culture of open minded, collaborative people, with a passion for Open Source and innovation, caring for the needs of our growing customer base
- Drive the formal parts of product releases (requirement specifications, announcements, release notes, export/crypto control documents and so on)
- Coordinate releases and changes with stakeholders (QA, Support, Marketing, Maintenance and so on)
Work with Engineering Managers helping and enabling decision making
- Coordinate critical customer experience incidents with the engineering team
What do we expect from you
- You are a team player, are able to make reasoned prioritization choices based on data and logical arguments, are proactive, organized, have good listening skills and are able to see the big picture behind a complex environment
- Broad technical skills and knowledge in software development, Open Source and Linux. You will be able to understand the product component interactions and technologies
- Good English and communication/presentation skills. You need to talk to people, reach agreements and present
- Experience driving a product of a moderate size and complexity (hundred thousands LOC, > 10 people) is a plus
- Work experience with processes following Agile principles is a plus
- Experience with Server administration, Systems Management and Configuration Management a big plus
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.