The Training Content Developer will play a key role in furthering the understanding and acceptance of SUSE’s solutions within our customers, partners and internal employee teams. This is an individual contributor role that will report to the Director of Technical Training. This role will be responsible for providing a structured curriculum of technical training and tools to address the needs of our customers, as well as our worldwide ecosystem of partners and our technical employees. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of open source technology with an ability to communicate this knowledge to a wide variety of audiences in written, presentation and verbal format. This individual will have a keen understanding of the impact on company revenue and market momentum that is realized by the availability of clear, effective training material at the launch of a new product. The role requires passion, creativity, excellent communications skills and a propensity to action. Position requires approximately 20% travel.
- Develop, update and deliver appropriate training assets, from introductory to advanced content, to support both product launches and the on-going training needs of our customers and other constituents both internal and external
- Work directly with Director of Technical Training and a team of Training Architects and Engineers to create training strategy and execution plans primarily for SUSE Linux Enterprise but with involvement in associated technology areas
- Work closely with product engineering, consulting services and product management to develop training assets which will meet the needs of our customers, partners and internal constituents by taking raw technical information and using it in the creation of training assets
- Develop and deliver training to internal technical audiences, including technical support, consulting, and sales engineer teams, tailoring the delivery, style and depth of information appropriate for the target audience
- Develop and deliver training for implementation, consulting and sales engineer teams within our partners (especially for Alliance and OEM partners)
- Build content in suitable formats (such as video, graphics, slides and audio) for online eLearning consumption
- Actively participate as an SME in the development of enablement tools and training for our global sales force and partner communities
- Help develop and actively follow standardization guidelines for content creation, lab environments, imaging, tools and content sharing for all courses
- Approximately 20% travel required, some international
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, IT certifications or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software technical training position or equivalent experience, supporting enterprise level technology and developing training courseware for both instructor led training and eLearning
- Solid understanding and experience of open source technologies, primarily Linux , but including Kubernetes, Python and Salt. Specific experience with SUSE products preferred.
- Experience with SAP in a highly available environment is considered a benefit
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills, both in-person and online
- Proven ability to work independently and remotely
Job:Learning & Development
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.