SUSE the world’s largest independent open source company, helps customers, partners and communities be the difference in their spheres of influence. Through open collaboration and agile, enterprise-grade open source solutions, customers, partners and communities are empowered to simplify tasks, modernize environments and accelerate business innovation – ultimately reaping the benefits of measurable value and better futures. Our customer obsessed operating model means exceptional service, value, flexibility and customer choice, with no enforced lock in. SUSE’s open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
Objective of the role
Our SUSE Consulting team is growing and we are looking for consultants with an excellent background in delivering Open Source solutions to enterprise customers. The successful candidate will join our current team of subject matter experts and will be given the technical training needed to ensure they provide world class consulting services to our SUSE customers. Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with very strong inter-personal skills to be able to work closely with our customers and become their trusted advisor, as well as with consulting partner organisations to develop their capabilities. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the EMEA Consulting Manager. Travel will be a requirement.
· Expertise in identifying customer requirements, designing solution architecture, defining solution configuration, and deploying and implementing Linux solutions.
· Be able to articulate the key values of SUSE products, solution and strategy
· Attend sales meetings to assist customers in the solution needs
· Deliver part/all of the SUSE solution to our customers either as part of a team or leading the delivery on your own
· Create Consulting work packages and assist sales to position/sell them to customers
· Sign-off on projects which have been delivered and produce a project report
· Work with approved technical partners in co-delivered solutions
· Creation and input to Statements-Of-Work and other Services documents
Reports To EMEA Consulting Manager
· Input and assistance for Proof-Of-Concepts, ITT, RFP, Services proposals
· Input to best practice documents and to specific technical focus groups
· Leading projects where required
· Strong relationship with pre-sales and sales is essential
· A willingness and ability for frequent travel to work at customer locations where required
· Proven technical skills in deploying and managing Enterprise Linux operating systems
· Proven technical skills in designing and delivering enterprise-level Container platforms using Kubernetes, with experience in deployment of Rancher solutions an advantage.
· Good all-round understanding of cloud native environments and ‘DevOps’ approaches.
· Extensive experience in high-tech or software company
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
· Familiarity with Open Source principles and the ability to show cultural fit with the SUSE corporate values are essential.
· Project Management skills are an advantage
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
· Fluency in written & spoken English is required, with additional European languages an advantage.
Global Customer Organization Mission
In GCO we are audacious. We inspire our people, customers, partners and markets to enable their dreams to be realised in collaboration with SUSE.
We differentiate ourselves through integrity, empathy & creativity. Our growth mindset, resilience and a focus on customer success, ensures we are eternally relevant.
This enables our goal of a $1bn company by 2023 and the SUSE levers to be achieved.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested, click Apply now to upload your up to date CV. A recruiter will contact you if your skills are found to be a match for any current or future open positions. In the meantime, we hope you will continue to review our job openings at SUSE Careers.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.