Europe (in one of our offices or home office based)
## Objective of the role
As a QA Engineer, you will be part of a world-class engineering team. You will help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of Rancher products like Rancher, RKE, K3s, Rancher Desktop, epinio & Kubewarden. You will develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features. You will push the envelope of the technology in multiple fronts.
You must be knowledgeable and passionate about quality and automation. You must be well versed in programming languages like Go & Python. Experience with DevOps practices and continuous integration environments will be helpful. You must be a quick learner and can get up to speed with latest Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
## About You
Your ability to learn fast and to be able to think on your feet will be key to this role. Still the following is expected from you:
* You are familiar with Linux & Kubernetes environments
* You have strong programming skills and are passionate about coding (opensource and linux projects big plus).
* You have testing experience, preferably in an agile environment
* You are good at spoken and written English
The following experience would be useful, but not necessary (training can be provided):
* Close collaboration with Software Engineering teams - in an agile SCRUM or Kanban setup preferably
* Hands on experience with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure or others) and/or OpenStack
* Experience with troubleshooting complex issues in highly automated and distributed environments
* Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer
* Knowledge of testing automation frameworks and tools
* Practical experience with Terraform and Salt/Ansible
* More generally, understanding of modern software development, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, and infrastructure-as-code
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.