Open Source is in our genes. Open to us means more than shared source code. It’s a philosophy and approach that informs everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s about keeping our minds open to new ideas.
Leveraging our Linux heritage, we deliver the truly open open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in, and exceptional service and support that our customers’ digital transformation demands. Our commitment to open source means adapting it and making it dependable, with highly flexible solutions that are hardened and secured for the most demanding IT environments.
Technical team leader – IT Infrastructure
At the SUSE IT Infrastructure team, we are building a new generation IT platform for our company. Our self-organized, agile team is in search of a colleague to join that exciting journey. Together with the team, you will be working on designing, building, and running state-of-the-art infrastructure rooted in code and best practices of SRE and DevOps cultures with a big focus on Agile Values and Principles. Ever improving, ever-changing to deliver an experience of a lifetime to our users. We are a team of passionate engineers and we are continuously learning and exploring new frontiers. Our passion is beyond opensource, software and shiny infrastructure. We continuously self-improve, learn new technologies and help to build better products for our customers.
Why working at SUSE is great:
Almost 30 years of experience in open source and Linux. Riding the wave of new trends in technology. The multinational company, full of experienced and amazing professionals. Open source is everywhere in our daily job. Customer-first policy. We care about our customers and we mean it! DevOps and SRE culture. We constantly shrink the gap between Dev and Ops via overcommunication, appropriate tools and shared codebase, we never stop improving our infrastructure. Infrastructure as a code - we don't trust our memory, we test and then run. Agile software development values and principles. We constantly learn how to deliver more value and work smarter, not harder.
- Manages activities of individual contributors.
- Accountable for department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results, organizational strategy, and transformational activities.
- May carry project management responsibilities.
- Applies strong subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving moderate to complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Understands, articulates and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple IT constituents.
- Directs and controls activities for business or IT area including one or more disciplines. Plans, directs, and monitors high-end operational activities of staff and drives the strategic plan for the team.
- Drives architectural simplification and ensures capabilities and applications are done "once for the company".
- Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple/all business and IT constituents.
- Ensures that systems and applications are highly available and meet or exceed performance expectations, and require little to no support.
- Ensures team meets or enables achievement of relevant IT metrics and commitments per IT business goals and objectives.
- Communicates organizational business plans and strategies and drives performance planning and review.
- Provides technical as well as people leadership.
- Exerts influence beyond the immediate team; demonstrates business acumen and applies it for effective business engagement with internal customers and effective management of programs and initiatives.
- Drives change management in the team or immediate organization; takes personal ownership of the IT strategy and drives support of it.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on-premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
- AWS (or GCP, Azure)
- Leadership soft skills (facilitation, motivation, performance management, coaching)
- Programming. Any of Ruby, Python, Go, version control
- CI/CD implementation in any platform
- TDD/BDD understanding
- Track record of open source contributions in public GitHub repositories
- Scrum/Kanban/XP practical knowledge
- You care for your team and its success
- You like to work with others on the best possible solutions
- You challenge status quo to drive outstanding quality
- You are open for giving and receiving feedback
- You can educate others and willing to do that
- You have growth mindset