Open Source is in our genes. Open to us means more than shared source code. It’s a philosophy and approach that informs everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s about keeping our minds open to new ideas.
Leveraging our Linux heritage, we deliver the truly open open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in, and exceptional service and support that our customers’ digital transformation demands. Our commitment to open source means adapting it and making it dependable, with highly flexible solutions that are hardened and secured for the most demanding IT environments.
Network engineer (NRE/SRE)
Reporting to: Head of Infrastructure
Location: Bulgaria, Czech Republic
SUSE is looking for people who are passionate about building the systems, culture, and processes that will improve the resiliency, reliability, scaling, and performance for cloud and on-premise solutions.
At SUSE IT Infrastructure team, we are building new generation IT platform for our company. Our self-organized, agile team is search for a colleague to join that exciting journey. Together with the team you will be working on designing, building and running state of the art infrastructure rooted in code and best practices of SRE and DevOps cultures with a big focus on Agile Values and Principles. Ever improving, ever changing to deliver experience of a lifetime to our users. We are the team of passionate engineers and we are continuously learning and exploring new frontiers. Our passion is beyond opensource, software and shiny infrastructure. We continuously self-improve, learn new technologies and help to build better products for our customers.
Why working at SUSE is great:
· Amazing 25+ years of experience in open source and Linux
· Riding the wave of new trends in technology
· The multinational company full of experienced and amazing professionals
· Open source is everywhere in our daily job
· Customer first policy. We care about our customers and we mean it!
· DevOps and SRE culture. We constantly shrink the gap between Dev and Ops via overcommunication, appropriate tools and shared codebase, we never stop improving our infrastructure
· Infrastructure as a code - we don't trust our memory, we test and then run
· Agile software development values and principles. We constantly learn how to deliver more value and work smarter, not harder
- Manage corporate network on-premise and in the cloud via Terraform
- Maintain core network services (DNS, SD-WAN, DHCP)
- Implement project in Kanban setup and agile self-organizing team
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• You care for your team and its success
• You like to work with others on the best possible solutions
• You challenge the status quo to drive outstanding quality
• You are open to giving and receiving feedback
• You can educate others and willing to do that
Perfect candidate experience and skills:
· You can explain OSI model to a child
· Juniper/Cisco/Linux/Windows network stack exposure
· AWS or Azure networking toolkit knowledge
· Code Version Control (git)
· Any of (Ruby, Python, Go)
· Fluent in English, written and verbal