You will be part of a team, that consists of experienced and highly skilled quality engineers, who are responsible for assuring and engineering the quality of our Linux product family. Their duties are:
- Developing and enhancing the automation tools for various Linux products, that also run in the public cloud, with openQA as our main automation tool.
- Coordinating test planning and execution in a truly global distributed project team.
- Designing, developing and maintaining automation test cases for our Linux product family.
- Ensure and enhance the test coverage of our Linux products by performing unit and system testing.
- Build up and maintain automation test infrastructure in close collaboration with our development teams.
- Collect and investigate test requirements from QA, development and product management teams.
- Participate in test planning and test management in a truly global distributed project team.
- Execute manual exploratory and ad-hoc testing if necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- Senior experience with software development as software developer, software developer in test or as QA automation engineer.
- Thorough understanding of software quality assurance, software development life cycle, test automation infrastructure and various test methodologies.
- Experience with Kernel development or testing (especially LTP).
- Extended Linux knowledge in general; familiarity with Linux administration.
- Knowledge and practitioner of incident and test management.
- Expertise in one of the scripting languages: Perl, Python or Shell.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and interpersonal skills, with experience in working in a virtual and distributed environment.
- Experience with large projects and with complex build systems (experience in using Open Build Service would be a plus).
- Strong analytical skills and result orientation for effective problem solving.
- Very good understanding and exposure to Agile methodologies, CI principles and fast-delivery environments.
- Experience with Container technologies.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.