We are looking for talented engineers to work on SUSE Rancher open source projects based on Kubernetes and Cloud-Native technologies.
- Harvester, a modern Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution built for bare metal servers using enterprise-grade open source technologies including Kubernetes, Kubevirt and Longhorn. Designed for users looking for a cloud-native HCI solution, Harvester is a flexible and affordable offering capable of putting VM workloads on the edge, close to your IoT, and integrated into your cloud infrastructure.
- Longhorn, a highly recognized CNCF project based on Kubernetes to provide storage solutions for stateless or stateful workloads. It's a distributed storage system running on the Kubernetes cluster and also leverages the Kubernetes design patterns to achieve high availability, resiliency, reactive system, etc to provide expected storage service.
You will have a great opportunity to be the main driver to evolve the projects to the next level based on different factors like design, architecture, quality, stability, etc with your innovation, knowledge, creativity, and productivity.
SUSE is an outstanding open-source software company based on Linux, Kubernetes, Cloud-Native, and Edge DNA. Our goal is to give you the freedom to innovate everywhere. If you are passionate about open source and eager to bring your innovation, come to join us!Responsibilities
- Involve in the feature development lifecycle (design, develop, testing, review, demonstration, knowledge sharing, etc)
- Work closely with users from the open-source community or customers to enhance product functionality and stability
- Embrace different technology challenges: take, learn, resolve and grow
- Have a "CAN DO" attitude to make something different and happen
- Have an automation mindset to automate everything to improve the productivity
- Have a reactive system mindset to design system available, responsive, resilient, elastic
- Work in an agile development environment and be a good team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Proficient in at least one programing language such as Go, Python, Rust, C/C++, etc.
- Familiar or experience with distributed system design/development
- Familiar or experience with Linux virtualization
- Familiar or experience with Linux storage filesystem
- Familiar with Linux operation or kernel development
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions
- Passionate about learning new cloud-native technologies
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.