SUSE the world's largest independent open source company, helps customers, partners and communities be the difference in their spheres of influence. Through open collaboration and agile, enterprise-grade open source solutions, customers, partners, and communities are empowered to simplify tasks, modernize environments and accelerate business innovation – ultimately reaping the benefits of measurable value and better futures. Our customer-obsessed operating model means exceptional service, value, flexibility and customer choice, with no enforced lock-in.
SUSE's open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
SUSE's Engineering & Innovation (E&I) oversees the technology innovation, and product and solution development and delivery of SUSE's global portfolio, built within various open source projects and communities.
Objective of the role
Our Maintenance Coordination team provides premium service and fast software updates to keep our worldwide customers' businesses safe and running. To support our Maintenance Coordination team we are looking for a Technical Project Manager who is responsible to improve and create processes to continuously improve quality, security, and maintainability for the whole lifecycle of SUSE solutions.
What's Important to Us
- High quality with a customer focus.
Our customers rely on our products and services. Products and updates we ship to our customers have to be of the highest quality. Continuous improvement, a precise working style, and our ability to analyze code make this possible.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn.
Endless opportunities to learn and different products allow employees to develop themselves and grow their knowledge in a huge variety of areas.
Working with and within international teams allows connecting to highly skilled engineers around the globe. Regular events like hackathons, workshops, and outdoor events help to easily build up relationships and friendships within and across teams.
- Flexible environment.
Our working hours are as flexible as possible to allow employees to work when they are most creative and productive.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and drive multiple internal cross-organizational projects and initiatives
- Develop and promote new ideas and processes that improve the performance and productivity of releasing software updates
- Improve processes and adapt infrastructure to ensure high quality and short delivery time of software updates
- Help development teams to provide high-quality maintenance that serves the needs of our customer base
- Support engineering teams that develop products using leading-edge technologies to ensure maintainability at an enterprise level
- Represent the Maintenance Coordination team and its needs across departments by communicating with several other project managers, team leads, and department leads
- Engage in the planning of new products and product changes
- Deliver maintenance for our products with a lifetime of up to 13 years
What you need to do now
If you're interested, click Apply now to upload your up-to-date CV. A recruiter will contact you if your skills are found to be a match for any current or future open positions. In the meantime, we hope you will continue to review our job openings at SUSE Careers.
- Strong experience in project management or product owner role, managing complex technical projects
- Experience with working in a cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own
- Experience with a Linux operating system as an administrator or developer is a plus
- Proven experience with container technologies is a plus
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and openSUSE product knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge about software delivery and packaging technologies, like RPM or containers, and the Open Build Service is a plus