Telnyx is currently hiring multiple Elixir Engineers with an emphasis on Intermediate and Senior level experience. The salary listed is a starting point and can be adjusted based on multiple factors including technical experience, current location and others.
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. Telnyx engineers make this a reality. We are an engineering-led organization, and as an engineering manager, you’ll play a significant part in not only shaping the engineering division, but the organization as a whole.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Telnyx, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
In This Role You Will
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Telnyx’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Have 3+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented or functional programming language (eg Ruby/Java/C#/Scala/Clojure/Haskell/etc).
- Have an appreciation of functional programming and a strong desire to become an expert Elixir programmer.
- Have experience working with relational databases at scale.
- Have deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
- Have experience with message queues like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Understand the challenges inherent in concurrent and distributed programming.
- Have experience with more exotic databases/key-value stores such as ETS, Mnesia and Redis.
- Have familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Jenkins, Prometheus, or RabbitMQ.