Thomson Reuters is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to help deliver a user experience that is intuitive, comfortable, and that will develop trust for this state-of-the-art technology. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will define and execute on user research programs, spanning a broad set of experiences and modalities. Research activities will predominantly be discovery to develop a deeper understanding of users that will inform an intuitive and satisfying product design, along with some evaluative work (usability studies and concept evaluation).
Your UX research will be essential in our ongoing effort to better enable product and design teams to make informed, confident decisions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity.
About the Role:
In this role as Sr. User Experience Researcher, you will
- Determine and recommend the most efficient and effective user-centered research approaches (qualitative and quantitative) to solve for business needs, meet agreed-upon objectives, and guide business areas through the appropriate UX process.
- Lead foundational research activities that explore the problem space, frame the problems to be solved, and gather enough evidence and initial direction to define what to do next.
- Lead discovery research activities to inform UX design decisions.
- Monitor UX project execution, including establishing and tracking UX project metrics and UX product scorecards.
- Develop user journeys and personas.
- Synthesize quantitative data with qualitative data to help drive product and design decisions.
- Work collaboratively with user experience team members, content writers, development teams, product teams, users, and other stakeholders as part of an agile software development process.
- Support, partner and influence multi-disciplinary teams, including other business areas, to execute UX projects.
- Take ownership for self-development, stay current with research techniques and tools in the field of UX.
- Be a self-starter. Take initiatives and drive projects from beginning to end.
- Mentor and assist UX Researchers as needed.
You are a fit for the role of Sr. User Experience Researcher, If you have:
- Master’s degree or higher in a field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Interactive Design, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of UX research experience or 8+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in UX research on B2B SaaS solutions.
- Experience in foundational/generative and qualitative research to identify needs/problems and workflow/task analysis.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research throughout an Agile development process.
- Experience with using data analytics to identify UX research course of action a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a variety of contexts.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centered, evidence-based approach to product development, while balancing business needs.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, customers, and team members.
This position can be located in Toronto, London, Zug, Minneapolis, Dallas