Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 45 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 800 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
As Vinted continues growing, we start expanding our Product domains teams to Berlin. Thus we’re looking for experienced Backend Software Engineers to join our Product Engineering teams there. If you’re skilled at writing elegant code and like working on big-scale projects, then Vinted could be for you!
As a Backend Software Engineer at Vinted you’ll be working in a cross-functional team that has all the main competences that are needed to ship new features to our members without outside help. Usually such teams have mobile platform developers (iOS, Android), web developers, and one or two backend software engineers. You’ll be the one who implements business logic and writes APIs that our mobile and web platforms can use. You’ll be also responsible for growing our backend platform to handle a wider scale. Also by joining Vinted, you’ll become part of an active community of engineers who are keen on sharing knowledge, organising learning workshops and so much more!
Your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice.
In this position, you will:
- Work in a team and shape the features to make our members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews.
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 45 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. We don't expect you to be familiar with all of them beforehand.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 2M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce :)
What do we expect:
- You have experience working with Ruby on Rails. Or you are experienced with other programming languages and willing to learn Ruby.
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
- We expect you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.