Vinted is Europe's biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 45 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 800 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develops and supports our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growing.
As Vinted continues growing, we start expanding our Product domains teams to Berlin. Thus we’re looking for experienced Web Software Engineers to join our Product Engineering teams there. If you’re skilled at writing elegant code and like working on big-scale projects, then Vinted could be for you!
You’ll be developing new features for our members – all the way from concept to roll-out. Our cross-functional Product Engineering teams have all the main competences needed for shipping new features to our members without outside help. You’ll also be part of an active community of engineers who are keen on sharing knowledge, organising learning workshops and so much more!
Each team usually comprises Mobile Developers (iOS and Android), Web Developers, and 1–2 Back-end Software Engineers. As one of our new Web Software Engineers, your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to our company mission.
Take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.
In this position, you’ll:
- Work as a team to shape features that make our members’ lives better
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Write ES6+ TypeScript code with sprinkles of SCSS-style code and HTML5-conformant mark-up
- Work with the latest versions of React, Redux, JSX, Jest/Enzyme, and other React ecosystem friendly libraries
- See your code affect 45 + million members almost instantly – our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge and we deploy many times per day
- Willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- Familiar with most and have deep knowledge in some of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Systems Programming, Systems Architecture, Computer Science