The Marketing team is seeking a front end/back end Sr. Web Developer to help with building and maintaining websites currently, predominantly in WordPress. We are looking for someone who loves to code. This person reports directly to the Website Manager. You will be responsible for building super fast mobile-first websites and templates using clean code principles.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Excellent communication with stakeholders to make sure projects are delivered on time
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ensure web pages load fast
- Ensure our back end systems and architecture are first rate
- Ensure all code is well-documented
- Have an acute attention to detail
- Build projects and evolve our vision proactively
- Influence architectural decisions
What You Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 8+ years of hands-on Wordpress development experience front end and back end
- Expert level in Wordpress theme development. Must be comfortable building sites with existing themes or have the ability to create custom themes and custom plug-ins. Please provide portfolio showcasing work.
- 8+ years PHP experience
- Expert in HTML5/CSS3 and SASS
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development
- Expert in responsive design techniques/principles
- Strong experience building forms (experience with Hubspot will be preferred)
- Expertise in front end technologies like React/Vue and/or other frameworks
- Strong experience in back end technologies
- Follows “clean code” principles and adds comments to code
- Exposure to technical SEO and Schema code implementation
- Follows coding techniques with a goal to create fast loading pages/sites.
- Comfortable using Google’s Page Insights tool to address and fix technical issues.