The Microsoft will manage the daily operations involving Microsoft licenses within the HP customer and resellers ecosystem. This person will be responsible for coordinating new client onboarding, license quoting support and management, client touch point report creation, day to day License Advisory, and opportunity identification. This person will also work with the Microsoft Licensing Product Management Team to implement processes and systems to scale the HP Microsoft Licensing Offering to include building the Digital Subscription Client Portal Platform. Priorities focus on enhancing the HP Customer Experience through license management and advisory. The License Advisor will be an integral part of the client experience motion, ensuring that the organization delivers its services commitments for license fulfillment, management, and optimization within the clients licensing strategy. The License Advisor will also coordinate with the HP Microsoft Support Team as well as the professional services sales and delivery teams on client licensing business activities. Furthermore, the License Advisor will review billing/invoicing reports as well as revenue recognition reports monthly to track progress of the HP Microsoft Licensing Offering across clients.
- Work on Build activities for HP Microsoft Licensing Global Go-To-Market strategy
- Establish and Perform CSP (Cloud Service Provider) Client Onboarding Process for clients and resellers
- Perform client and reseller management, day to day, for all licensing needs
- Manage License Advisory conversations with current clients and resellers
- Identify technology and licensing needs for current clients and resellers day to day
- Run reports on clients and resellers current licensing strategy on regularly scheduled intervals to include utilization and adoption status for review by Licensing and Account Team
- Provide pre-sales support for HP Direct sales for Microsoft Licensing
- Develop and Execute license management procedures
- Support license management processes with other HP teams
- Execute the HP CSP Billing process monthly until the CSP Billing process is automated
- Collect Billing Reports and provide to HP Microsoft Licensing Product Management
- Assemble HP CSP Financial Report for submission to CSP Product Manager
- Support shared duties with the Managed Services team
- Provide an escalation path for license incidents from Customer Support Team for clients and resellers
- Coordinate client license needs assessment with consulting team
- Participate in consulting engagements for license fulfillment needs from Professional Services engagements as needed
- Support any HP project as needed with licensing information
- Review licensing needs with consultants and make recommendations when appropriate for day-to-day activities
- Collect and distribute automated Touch Point Reports with Client Account Team
- Distribute automated Quarterly License Utilization Report to Resellers and Client team in support of the client QBR (Quarterly Business Review)
- Distribute automated quarterly Security Status report to resellers and client team in support of the client QBR
- Distribute automated quarterly growth, optimization, and adoption needs reports to resellers and client team for client touch points
- Provide license management status and financial reports for resellers and direct clients
- Complete the standard reporting process for CSP Licensing for HP CSP
- Provide Pre-sales support for the sales team when necessary
- Provide Sales Enablement as needed for HP resellers and direct sales team
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience required as well as demonstrated continuing professional development.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in identifying the business needs for Microsoft technology alignment for clients and resellers
- Microsoft certification (MCP) for Microsoft licensing
- Demonstrated ability to manage the life cycle of client agreements and renewals
- Broad business and leadership acumen with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals with a high degree of self-initiation and independence.
- Experience managing finances in a client environment
- Demonstrated client management with an overall Satisfied Client Rating
- In-depth knowledge of process management and execution (e.g ITIL, COBIT, ISO)
- At least ten (15) years’ experience in navigating the Microsoft eco system.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft CRM.
- Collaborative and effective team player with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels.
- Must have proven leadership skills and the ability to build working relationships with clients and resellers.
- Strong technical acumen, problem solving skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to direct, train, and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A high caliber business professional who is trustworthy and possesses excellent analytical, team building, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders to lead a complex decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to build alliances and leverage all available assets and capabilities to create the strongest and most competitive value proposition supported by technical and financial data
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a compelling value proposition, assertively advocate for ideas, and persuade executive decision makers.
Background in building a Microsoft CSP service with proven track record of growth
- Background in financial management in a client environment
- Background in Microsoft Internal Asset and Resource Management