As the Gaming Category Product Marketing Lead you will be continuing to reinvent the NA Retail Consumer Personal Systems Gaming business. You will drive a 4P Gaming business strategy, innovation and evolution to arrive at a best-in-class Gaming line-up and ecosystem. Your objective is to aggressively expand HP’s Gaming business by growing revenue at targeted profit rates. This resource is responsible for all elements of 4P execution for HP consumer Gaming Notebooks and Desktops sold through the US Retail Channel. Competitive analysis, market and technology trend tracking, technical leadership, deep gaming usage model understanding, Graphics vendors Alliance lead, promotional strategy ROI analysis, merchandising content and business case frame up are some of the key responsibilities of this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consumer US Retail Gaming Notebook/Desktop category management including: 4P business strategy & plan; P&L management; and competitive/ industry knowledge. Actively contribute/lead the definition of the Gaming category business plan.
- Constantly monitor the US competitive landscape and quickly assess areas of weakness and opportunities through qualitative and quantitative measures (PFV analyses).
- Drive implementation of US Retail Gaming merchant requirements into HP’s product roadmaps.
- Influence Time-to-Market product roadmaps.
- Optimize Graphics Alliance partner support, funding and technologies mix.
- Lead gaming-specific special projects/ initiatives, including but not limited to Gaming solution bundles, and Gaming DIY component plays.
- Represent NA Gaming Category team in x-functional meetings and senior level gaming reviews.
- Gaming coach and mentor for peers in US PC Category teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Business planning skills, multidimensional.
• Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
• Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
• Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
• Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing).
Education and Experience Required:
- Strong demonstrated Consumer PC Gaming industry experience including technology & customer trend awareness - ideally both in systems and DIY categories, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Engineering; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 7+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Demonstrated Team leadership experience.
- Showcase superior understanding of the PC Gaming category market/usage model/technology, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
- Strong demonstrated Consumer PC Gaming industry experience including technology & customer trend awareness - ideally both in systems and DIY categories.
- Product portfolio planning strengths, strong influence on the “good, better, best” Gaming line-up across NB and DT offering
- Proven Category Management skills, P&L acumen and analytical abilities (Excel proficiency critical).
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation skills to senior leadership and customers.
- Strong sense of execution and planning, helping manage change when the environment shifts.
- Teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, creativity, and leadership.
- Previous experience with US Retail Channel.
- Previous experience in US Retail leading Gaming PC Vendors
- Willingness to travel (primarily US-domestic).