We are looking for talented software developers who are passionate about our vision. Being a part of our small and highly dedicated team, your work has a great impact. You create high-quality learning experiences for our large group of users and improve the tools our authors use. Thus, you work with us on scaling our impact nationally and internationally.
When? Open for applications at any time. The position starts on 1 April 2023.
Where? HQ Munich, Berlin or working remotely is an option
- Solving problems through analysis, conceptual design and prototyping
- Implementing solutions by designing, writing, testing and releasing code
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary team, with educators, designers and product managers
- Contributing to open source projects which help us achieve our goals and whose communities we support
- Optional: Project management and human resources
- Backend: Node.js / TypeScript, GraphQL, Rust
- Frontend: Next.js / TypeScript, React, Tailwind CSS
- Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- All software developed by us is open source (https://github.com/serlo)
Experience in some of these technologies is desirable.
- Enthusiasm for education and our vision
- Being empathetic to the challenges faced by students in diverse life situations around the world
- 5+ years of experience in developing interactive web applications with large numbers of users
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex software - your code is clean, well-documented and testable
- Readiness to work in both backend and frontend
- Working independently and stringently, high readiness to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Meaningful work! We think big and want to advance digital education in a systemic way. Together with us, you work on helping students to have a positive outlook on their education, to reach their career goals and fulfill their potential in society.
New Work! This does not mean playing table football in the office but the willingness to think work differently: you have a say on all levels, you set your own working schedule, you can work remotely and you get a permanent contract. You decide when and how long to take time off work. This autonomous way of working has proven to be effective and valuable for our team.
Mindfulness! We work in a professional environment, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ambitious goals, yet deeply care about and foster an environment that supports a healthy, sustainable and mindful way of working.
We celebrate diversity! In our diverse and welcoming team, people from all ages and backgrounds work together.
Please send your compact application via the application form. Show us examples of your previous work and tell us about its impact. Send us links to projects or demos (e.g. on GitHub or GitLab). Tell us why you developed these projects. No project is too small if it is meaningful to you! If available, do send us links to publications, blog posts, interviews, or other kinds of content that represent your ideas. Do not hesitate to contact us for further questions: email@example.com
We are looking forward to getting to know you!