SUSE is a global leader in true open source innovation, collaborating with partners, communities, and customers to deliver and support robust open source software solutions. SUSE's market-leading Linux, Kubernetes, container, and cloud offerings enable customers to innovate everywhere - from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, Kubernetes, the Open Container Initiative, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to drive collaboration and help solve some of the world's most challenging technology issues.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for the US timezone.
- Provide clear reporting back to the line manager ( content upon agreement).
- Provide Major Incident Management Support for US timezone.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance, primarily via logging a ticket in Jira SD.
- Focus on US customer support enhancements – proactively propose, plan & execute.
Ensure quality ticket queues management ( own queue plus other upon agreement).
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process. Communicate clearly. Update regularly on progress.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel or to the right resolution groups.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services utilizing the documentation and processes in place.
- Record your activities in Jira SD in alignment with processes in place (ticket queue management and handling – including proper ticket triaging, prioritization, customer updates as per existing OLA’s, etc.
- Proactively follow up on open cases in your queue escalating timely to management for guidance if required.
- Pass on relevant and valid recommendations or suggestions by customers, share during team meetings or with your manager.
- Identify, suggest and engage actively in possible improvements on procedures.
- Support actively ongoing documentation efforts, building knowledge base articles.
- Assisting other teams as needed (Network/Engineering/etc.).
- US time zone Focus
- Customer First - Understanding the importance of quality customer service in any business environment.
- Proven experience as IT Service Desk, Help Desk / Support engineer/technician.
- Tech-savvy with solid O365 technical support experience and the ability to diagnose and resolve less complex technical issues.
- Windows / macOS technical support experience.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Team player, caring for team’s success.
- Work approach - willing to learn and proactively explore new things on a daily basis
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.