SUSE is a growing company, with great products, a culture that fosters openness and friendship, and where many opportunities exist.
Product security is the most important building block of the global IT ecosystem.
Our SUSE Security Team has nearly two decades of experience working on pro-active and reactive security to make our products outstanding. Using the latest technologies allows us to respond to hyped and very urgent vulnerabilities like Heartbleed and ShellShock. The race is still on-going and we need you to stay ahead and win.
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria. (Other European offices can be possible alternatives).
- Product security for our enterprise and community products
- Security incident management, evaluation, assessment, fixing of vulnerabilities
- Secure product development, supporting development teams
- Security testing, manual and automatic
- Developing tools
- Writing patches
- Working in projects and teams
- Communication with external and internal customers
What makes us different:
- You will find and can connect to highly skilled engineers at SUSE
- We provide many different products and endless opportunities to learn
- We help our employees to develop
- Our work environment is creative and productive
- You can work with and within an international team
- Our working hours are as flexible as possible
- We organize regular events (hackathons, workshops, outdoor events, ...) to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams
- At SUSE the opinion of the employee matters!
If you are successful in this position you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining us. The content of these checks may vary by country and position.
- 5+ years of total computing experience in academia / FOSS / commercial sectors
- Minimum 5 years of which in the application security domain
- Very good understanding of the Linux operating system
- Programming skills in C and at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, ruby, python, ...)
- Good knowledge of SELinux, AppArmor, protection profiles
- Knowledge of network security (TCP/IP, SSH, TLS/SSL) is a plus
- Knowledge of Containerization, Kubernetes, Go language, and related technologies is a plus
- An academic degree (Master/Bachelor or comparable) or IT specialist (Fachinformatiker)
- Self-motivated and self-organized - Pronounced quality awareness, customer-oriented approach - Good communication skills and meticulous working style - Good communication level of English