Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 45 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 800 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develops and supports our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growing.
As Vinted continues growing, we start expanding our Product domains teams to Berlin. Thus we’re searching for a Staff Engineer to join our newly built engineering team there.
You’ll be an impactful technical individual contributor who works on driving the technical strategy and approach. You will give focus to the team on solving broader challenges, effectively communicate across the company and help to ensure that our solutions are scalable and performant. You will report to the domain Engineering Director as a people manager and work very closely with the Principal Engineer.
Here are some of the technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Vitess, ElasticSearch, Ceph, Sensu, mcrouter, Memcached, Redis, Redis Sentinel, Kafka, JVM, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Statsd, Nginx, git, Jenkins, Docker, Datadog, Kubernetes, Chef and CentOS 7.
In this position, you'll:
- Work closely with engineers, improve and own Vinted’s expansion toolset.
- Collaborate with leadership to set the best practices for software engineering.
- Be a voice of the engineering team and a technical leader when it comes to initiating and supporting projects across the domain and whole organisation.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews.
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 45 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy multiple times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies.
- Craft the code that can handle more than 2 million requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce!
- You have experience working as a technical engineering leader who previously strategised, led, and executed company-wide technical projects.
- You can effectively communicate complex technical goals to audiences both inside and outside the company.
- You can drive a clear architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design.
- You are excellent at communicating in spoken and written English.
- You are willing to take on new challenges and constantly grow as an engineer and leader.